Friday 13 June 2014

Trending: Scrunchies








At 25 I remember the scrunchie trend the first time around and lets say I was not in any rush to revisit this anytime soon. When I recollect visions of my youth I can just see my frizzy brunette tresses pulled back into a ponytail with a velvet covered piece of elastic and terrible flyways…it was not a good look!

When Carrie Bradshaw said that no self respecting New York City woman would be caught dead running around Manhattan in a scrunchie I thought that was the final nail in the coffin for me and the fabric covered hair accessory. 

But then along came Cara Delevigne and the likes of Cressida Bonas, both sporting surprisingly cool looks with the 80's hair staple.

So I thought I would take the plunge and with the added benefit of less hair breakage then your usual elastic bands, why not give them a try?

Wanting to avoid looking like a gymnast or worse…Hilary Clinton, I chose these cute little Topshop versions which come in a great variety of prints and these fun little bunny ears. I went with the polkadot for my monochrome looks and this gorgeous flamingo print which is a great little take on the tropical trend. 

What do you think about scrunchies? Is it a fashion revival or should they remain back in the 90's?


2 comments:

  1. These are really cute. I also remember scrunchies the first time round. Frizzy hair, bushy eyebrows and an Adidas polo shirt- I'm in no hurry to revisit the 90s!

    Katrina | thechatterfox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I wish I only had the polo shirt…unfortunately it was a whole tracksuit for me *cringe* x

      Delete