Friday 20 June 2014

Trending: Holographic




Holographic make-up bag: Topshop
Holographic clutch: Monki

When Burberry Prorsum featured those metallic silk trenches in its S/S '13 collection it was time to take notice. The holographic trend for all things shiny and shimmery was here and seems set to continue. 

I have to admit I do feel like a bit of a Magpie when I'm in a store and spot a holographic item. I'm immediately drawn to it. I hold it and stroke it but rarely do I buy it. As much as I love this illuminating fabric it's unlikely that I'm ever going to be brave enough to walk down my road rocking a holographic jacket or pair of iridescent trousers. So accessories are the easiest way to incorporate this trend into an everyday look, whether its a clutch or a simple belt. And the best thing about this trend…it's many colours mean it'll go with pretty much everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment