Monday 18 August 2014

Grid Locked




Top: Topshop | Skirt: Zara | Shoes: ASOS | Bag: Celine | Bracelet: Tiffany & Co

Last week was definitely an eventful one for me, as I finally started my new job...which I love! I really feel like life is now getting back on track and I can resume all of the wedding planning which has seriously taken a back seat of late. (Trying not to have a mini panic about that right now though).

But this weekend, was a time to focus on another wedding and for me what I would actually wear. I have to confess I'm not very good when it comes to these sort of events. I always seem to have a bit of a melt down about my outfit a week before and rush out to buy a backup. And this was no exception. 

After I purchased a pencil skirt from ASOS last month, I began to think of all the things that could go wrong. Would it split down the back when I tried to sit down? (it was quite tight!), would my Spanx show through? Would I actually be able to walk or would I have to waddle like a penguin? 

In the end I decided that I should branch out and try the A line midi, so I set off for my old favourite Zara where I picked up this white cut out skirt for a bargain £12.99! Paired with my mules I thought this skirt was perfect and I have to say I think I'm converted.

This week I also rewarded myself with a lovely new DSLR camera. So this should hopefully mean that better photos will soon follow on here...just as soon as I work out what on earth I'm doing!


1 comment:

  1. I love A-line midis , you styled yours so well! I much prefer them to tight skirts. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete